22.8.12

Suited Up

I have experimented with many fashion looks, trends, non-trends, themes, garments... whatever... over the years. Seriously, anything from a home cut Ziggi Stardust inspired hairdo to frou frou prom dresses...chances are, I have it in my fashion archive.The way I see it, being free to play around with different looks is too much fun and the only way to ever perfect your personal style. The reality is, who doesn't like to play dress ups?

With that said, I have come to realise I have never embraced wearing a suit, in fact... I don't think I have ever officially worn one. It's not like I haven't had an opportunity. I  have worked in offices, sat in meetings, gone to suit wearing events.. yet some how, in all these years I have avoided anything suit-like. I don't know, they always seem soooooo grown up or matchy matchy and I have avoided them like the plague.

Well, that was until I saw and totally embraced the latest offerings from the likes of Prada, Prabal Gurung and Rochas which is perfectly showcased in the September issue of Flare magazine. The suit (and this season, it's exquisitely printed)  is EVERYWHERE... why have I never noticed the potential gloriousness of this outfit before??







Dandy Darling -Flare Magazine, September Photo: Andrew Soule Model: Jenna Earle

Who would have thought that a matchy matchy suit would look so cool and have me wondering what I can actually get away with wearing to work tomorrow.

I want one!!!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment