2.6.12

All things British - Mother of Pearl

YESSSSS,  it's the Queens Jubilee extra long weekend, so that means 4 days of street parties, bunting and massive jugs of Pimms. Ha, okay that's me stereotyping everything British but what I'm actually going to do over the next four days is celebrate all the local talent that I love.

I first stumbled across British label Mother of Pearl on one of my regular window shopping visits to Liberty London. What drew me straight over to the MoP rack was a print of a mean monkey strangling a parrot.  It made me laugh (ok, I have a weird sense of humour.)

It turns out that every season designer Maia Norman works with brilliant artists to produce unique prints for each collection. I'm officially obsessed. I love the concept, I love the sports- luxe vibe...  and I need to have that mean monkey.

S/S 10 - Collaboration with Walton Ford and Matt Collishaw



A/W 10 Collaboration with Jim Lambie


A/W 11 Collaboration with Keith Tyson


A/W 12 Collaboration with Fred Tomaselli



It's never a bad day when you have a little print in your life!

Yeah to the first day of the longer weekend EVA!

L x

1 comment: